Banana Tourism Directory
Tours and Adventures
Showing 1 Categories
Do you like the Tourism Industry in Banana?
When it comes to tourist destinations, Banana in Queensland, Australia has so much to offer. Nestled in between Rockhampton and Biloela, there is a plethora of activities and attractions to satisfy any visitor's travel appetite. Whether you are looking for nature, adventure or culture, this region has something that will catch your attention and keep you entertained for days. Here are some of the top tourist attractions in and around the area of Banana.
Nature and Parks:
1. Kroombit Tops National Park - Located an hour west of Gladstone, Kroombit Tops National Park is home to some stunning landscapes and wildlife. The park has several great spots for camping, bushwalking, and bird watching. The highlight here is the view you’ll get from the Mount Kroombit summit. It is a 10km return hike that takes four hours, but it’s well worth the effort.
2. Cathedral Cave - This natural wonder is located on the Capricorn Highway, about 30 kilometers west of Rockhampton. It is a majestic underground chamber with an open ceiling and a small underground lake. Visitors get to explore the cave as part of a guided tour, typically taking around 90 minutes.
3. Blackdown Tableland National Park - It is a great bushwalking destination with several walking tracks, including the 1.4 km Goon Goon Dina Trail. The park also has several rock shelters with ancient rock art, which is a great opportunity for cultural learning.
Adventure and Sports:
1. Capricorn Caves - These stunning limestone caves are located North of Rockhampton and offer an unforgettable caving and adventure experience. Visitors can explore the five show caves, crawling, squeezing, and squeezing through the low ceilings and narrow passages while admiring the crystal details of the cave structures.
2. Mount Archer National Park - This park is home to a diverse range of wildlife, including many species of birds and wallabies. There are several walking tracks, but the highlight here is the 5.6km steep climb up the mountain itself. From the summit, you’ll get a spectacular view of Rockhampton and the surrounding countryside.
3. Farm Stays - Banana region has some of the best farm stays that offer visitors the chance to experience the country living and farm activities, including horse riding, feeding farm animals, and farm work. These stays are great for families and groups who want to take a break from the city and experience the rural lifestyle.
Culture and Heritage:
1. Archer Park Rail Museum - This local museum has an impressive collection of rare steam and diesel locomotives, carriages, and more. Visitors get to learn about the history of rail travel in Queensland, see the historic train station, and even take a ride on a 1930 tram from Rockhampton's Central Business District.
2. Rockhampton Art Gallery - This gallery has a collection of over 4000 items, including Australian art, ceramics, and cultural exhibits that showcase the work of regional indigenous artists. The gallery hosts several exhibitions throughout the year, making it a great cultural destination.
3. Heritage Village - It is a living testament to the region’s pioneer history. Visitors get to experience various activities and exhibits that showcase the traditional ways of life that saw the Banana region grow into what it is today. The village has several historic buildings, including schools, churches, and pubs, making it an excellent destination for history buffs.
From exploring majestic caves, hiking mountains and experiencing first-hand farm life, to immersing oneself in cultural and historical sites, Banana region caters to all kinds of travelers. There is so much to see and do in this region, and visitors are spoiled for choice. So, come and enjoy this beautiful region and create unforgettable memories. To plan or book your trip, refer to the contact details of each attraction mentioned above.
Banana Tourism Articles